Whirlpool refrigerator water filters are versatile devices for many uses at home, such as offering you a glass of freshly clean chilled water, cleaning veggies and fruits, cooking or keeping your pets hydrated. Whirlpool refrigerator filters at Clatterans share some common characteristics, for example, all are certified by IAMPO and tested to NSF/ANS, aiming to reduce lead, sediment, mercury, chlorine taste, odor and other contaminants that may be present in the water. Generally, the filter installation is quite easy and quick. Compatible with most refrigerator brands such as Kenmore, KitchenAid, Maytag and more, Whirlpool filters’ cartridges should be replaced at least every six months or sooner depending on your usage. In order to better understand one of popular Whirlpool fridge filters – Whirlpool filter 2, we will give a detailed analysis of it for our readers.
How Does Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 2 Work?
Water travels through miles of piping before ever reaching your home. Like most other refrigerator water filters, Whirlpool water filter replacement 2 typically uses a compressed activated carbon block media to keep water clean, fresh and free from contaminants. The activated carbon block is ideal for water filtration in that a tiny piece has an incredibly large surface area, on which millions of active sites are. Tiny pores make this large surface area create more places where contaminants can be captured.
These small pores can catch your unwanted components, from chlorine to lead. They also remove the organic particles which affect the smell and favor of the drinking water, making it a much more pleasant taste. But over time the carbon becomes less effective at capturing pollutants and replacing the filter is a good choice. For additional cost savings, 3-pack is available at Clatterans. Click to buy: Whirlpool EDR2RXD1
How to Change Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 2?
- Locate the accessory packet in the refrigerator and remove the water filter;
- Take the refrigerator water filter out of its packaging and remove the packaging covers from the O-rings. Be sure the O-rings are still in place after the cover is removed;
- Align the arrow on the water filter label with the cutout notch in the filter housing and insert the filter into the housing;
- Turn the filter clockwise until it locks into the housing;
- While the compartment door is still open, lift the fridge water filter up into the compartment. Then, close the filter compartment door completely;
- Run water from the dispenser for 5 minutes (approximately 3 gallons) to clear the system and to prevent air from entering the system; (note: the initial flow rate may be slower than expected. Full flow rate should be restored within 24-36 hours.)
- If needed, reset the Replace Filter light by holding the reset button for 3 seconds.
Comparison of Whirlpool Fridge Water Filter 2 by Different Manufacturers
If you are more concerned about the water you drink in your household, water filters for refrigerators may be the perfect choice for you as they can provide a quick and convenient way to have good-tasting, pure, filtered, even chilled water. With an abundance of Whirlpool replacement filters available on the market, you can carefully read our guide on Whirlpool filter 2 for more reference.