Having a refrigerator water filter is more than a quick way of getting some cool water to drink. It is also a reliable source of clean and pure water to keep you and your whole family well hydrated and healthy. That said, regular replacement of fridge water filters is critical in maintaining its effectiveness as well as preventing bacterial contamination. If you have a Whirlpool fridge in your home, you certainly know that it has a built-in water dispenser which requires a filter in order to work properly. Now, we are sharing with you, the replacement instructions of the Whirlpool fridge filter 3 and features compared with different brands.
Why Use a Whirlpool Fridge Filter?
Refrigerator water filters are specially made for tap water passing through them. There are many benefits of having Whirlpool refrigerator water filters. These refrigerator filters are quite convenient. You can simply fill up your glass directly from the water spout on your fridge, allowing you to get cold and clean water at any time. In addition, the investment in a good Whirlpool fridge filter 3 and maintaining the water filtration system is much less expensive than purchasing bottled water each time you want a drink. Not to mention, using a refrigerator water filter system is much more environment-friendly as you will not be throwing away tons of plastic water bottles which fill up landfills.
Replacing Your Whirlpool Fridge Filter 3:
- Press the eject button to release the filter from the base grille.
- Pull the filter straight out.
- Turn the cap counter-clockwise to remove it from the filter.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT discard the cap. It is part of your refrigerator. Keep the cap to use with the replacement filter.
- Align the ridge on the cap with the arrow on the new water filter replacement and turn the cap until it snaps into place.
Note: You could run the dispenser without a filter, but your water will not be filtered. Simply insert the cap all the way into the base grille and rotate the cap until it is firmly in place.
- Remove the protective covers from the O-rings. Be sure the O-rings are still in place after the covers are removed.
- Push the refrigerator water filter replacement into the base grille. The eject button will pop back out when the filter is fully engaged.
Note: The initial flow rate may be slower than expected. Full flow rate should be restored within 24-36 hours.
- Run water from the dispenser for 5 minutes (approximately 3 gallons) to clear the system and remove any air bubbles.
- Reset the “replace filter” light, if needed, by holding the reset button for three seconds.
Whirlpool Fridge Filter 3 Reviews
|Product||Clatterans Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 3||Aqua Fresh Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 3||EveryDrop Ice & Water Refrigerator Filter 3|
|Dimension||11.4 x 2.2 x 2.2 Inches||12 x 2.375 x 2.375 Inches||13.5 x 2.6 x 3 Inches|
|Working Pressure||30-125 PSI||30-120 PSI||30-120 PSI|
|Brand Compatibility||Whirlpool, Kenmore & PUR||Whirlpool & Kenmore||Whirlpool & Kenmore|
|Filter Media||Coconut Carbon||Carbon Block||Carbon Block|
|Capacity||300 Gallons||200 Gallons||200 Gallons|
|Filter Life||6 Months||6 Months||6 Months|
|Certifications||IAPMO, NSF & ANSI Standards 42||NAF Standard 42||NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53|
Hopefully, our article will help you in choosing the right filter from a variety of refrigerator water filters on the market today. Fridge filters by Clatterans are able to eliminate contaminants, keep your water clear and reduce odor in the water. Not only this, they reduce harmful chemicals, heavy metal particulates, and compounds.
To know more about water filters, keep visiting our page Clatterans.com. Happy drinking!